SAREE: A TIMELESS CLASSIC
There is nothing like a favourite saree to bring joy to your day. Women of India have draped themselves in ingenious styles of the nine yards for ages. Its effortless comfort is undeniable. There are multiple ways they’re made and worn depending upon the region. From weaves made in dazzling threads and diverse patterns, to cotton styles that are perfect for daily wear—there is something for everyone. You can buy the latest sarees for women online in a plethora of prints, patterns and colours at Libas.
THE STORY OF THE NINE YARDS
The origin of the saree can be traced back to the Indus Valley Civilisation, in North-West India. Its journey began with the invention of the loom in the fifth millennium. Soon yards of woven cotton became the garb of choice around the subcontinent. These unstitched fabrics were often coloured using natural dyes like indigo,lac, red, madder, and turmeric as forms of adornments.
Over a millennium, the drape evolved into stylized forms. These versions grew out of a complex physical, historical, and cultural environment that differs from region to region and community to community. You can find drapes made in silk, cotton, with embellishments like block-print, embroidery and tie-dye across India.
Ladies saree fashion has come a long way since production moved from handloom to mechanised looms, now complex patterns in vibrant colours could start getting produced easily and quickly. From printed silk chiffons featuring complex floral patterns to geometric designs in bold hues. You can now find printed sarees online in a wide range of patterns and fabrics.
THE SAREE IN CONTEMPORARY TIMES
The nine-yards of drape is unanimously loved and celebrated and often the go-to safe option for any outing. No ethnic wear wardrobe is complete without an array of sarees in patterns and colours galore. It is chic without compromising on all-important comfort, whether it is a painted tapestry variety made in cotton or jacquard pieces made using shimmering yards of silk. From party wear saree styles made in rich and sumptuous fabrics to elegant day wear styles crafted in breathable layers, you will find a wide variety of sarees online at Libas.
PICK DESIGNER SAREES FOR THE BIG FAT INDIAN WEDDING
Shopping for your wedding saree can be tedious, the key is to pick styles that you can easily style for future events. We have curated a list of styles every bride-to-be and the family must look at, from traditional bridal sarees to light-weight weaves.
- Choose Gilded Weaves: The rich brocades continue to be a must in the bridal trousseaus for Indian brides, from vibrant silk sarees to tonal jacquards. A Banarasi saree is a timeless classic which can be dressed up for a day wedding and styled for evening festivities in the future.
- Pick Shimmering Prints: Printed saree is no longer saved for evening festivities—you can also wear these light and smart designs for day celebrations. A printed Chanderi Saree is perfect for wedding lunches and beyond. The winning combination of silk and prints will remain a favourite forever.
- Go for Big Shine Drapes: Now we know the customary rule of reserving sumptuous satins for evening wear, but we like to see bridesmaids going for pastel hued satin sarees for day celebration. Whether it is stylish pre-stitched lehenga sarees or the regular drape.
- Embrace Delicate Sheers: For day dressing, an organza saree ranks high on fashion charts. The shiny sheer fabric is great to make a ringing statement. Comfortable and decidedly feminine and looks equally good whether you go for soft-hues or jewel tones.
THE SUBTLE ART OF SAREE SHOPPING
With the broad variety of ready-to-wear saree available to shop, finding that perfect drape has never been easier. Build your ethnic wear wardrobe with key styles, whether it is fancy sarees in evergreen prints or comfortable styles in cotton. We have made a handy list of must-have-styles you need to add to your collection.
- Solid Hues: Who said a no-bling has to look boring? Far from it, a combination of breezy fabrics, seasonal colours and unique draping styles can elevate the simple black saree to an evening wear option.
- Printed Adornments: Printed dresses for women are always a good option for balmy days, but we also love a simple cotton saree on those hot and humid days.
- Elegant fabrics: Nothing defines relaxed elegance quite like a Chiffon Saree. It is not only comfortable and easy-to-move-around-in but also supremely fashionable. Adorned in quintessential romantic motifs on a refreshing hue, perfect for any occasion.
- Party Drapes: The classic outfit comes in many fabrics and nothing says fun like a net saree. Light-weight and stylish, you can pair this sheer number with a full sleeve blouse for weddings.
EASY TO WEAR AND FASHIONABLE SAREES ONLINE AT LIBAS
With a winning combination of ultimate comfort and striking designs, Libas outfits are everyday essentials. Decorated with stunning prints and minimal embroideries for all occasions, our ethnic ensembles are crafted using premium quality fabric to bring you the best online saree shopping experience.
We are constantly updating our suits and sarees collection online to bring the latest styles to you.We have a wide variety of kurta and saree with price points that are attractive and affordable. Shop our stylish collection of separates from stylish bottom wear to women's suits and ethnic sarees online at Libas.
- Diwali Ethnic Wear |
- Diwali Sarees Collection |
- Diwali Dress Collections |
- Diwali Suits Online |
- Diwali Kurtis Collection |
- Karwa Chauth Dresses |
- Chanderi Silk Saree |
- Black Saree |
- Chiffon Sarees |
- Cotton Sarees |
- Designer Sarees |
- Party Wear Sarees |
- Silk Sarees |
- Yellow Sarees |
- Red Sarees |
- Green Sarees |
- Printed Sarees |
- Blue Sarees |
- Crepe Sarees |
- Maroon Sarees |
- Floral Print Sarees |
- Chanderi Sarees |
- Ethnic Wear For Women |
- Suits For Women |
- Bottom Wear For Women |
- Salwar Suits Online |
- Cotton Suits Online |
- Plus Size Kurtis |
- Plus Size Clothing |
- Palazzo Pants |
- Cotton Dresses Online |
- Palazzo Suits |
- Women Trousers |
- Long Kurtis |
- Dresses Online |
- Women Kurtas |