your skin just seems
to dry up
5 tips to keep your skin glowing!
It’s that chilly, wintry time of the year when your skin just seems to dry up. No matter how much you moisturise it. Why does this keep happening? What’s the matter with your skin? Well, that’s your skin sending you a message. So please do listen carefully.
First, a quick cram course about your skin:
- Your skin is the largest organ in your body.
- It has a lot of neuro-receptors (read nerve cells) and is richly supplied with blood vessels. (That’s why when you have a superficial cut, it bleeds so much. And yes, it also hurts a lot, even though it’s not serious.)
- Your skin is an excellent barometer of your general body health. Problems show up in the skin faster and are immediately visible, such as dryness, for example.
Combating winter dryness and getting back the glow:
a few tips
Good, healthy skin is not just about applying face creams and masks on the outside, it’s also about how you look after your skin on the inside.
Are you hydrating enough?
Your body needs water throughout the year. We’re about 60% water, did you know? So drink up! Kickstart mornings with 2–3 glasses of lukewarm water when you wake up. This helps flush out toxins and cleanses your system. Which is great for the skin
Are you helping increase
Applying oil all over before having a bath each morning can work wonders. It takes only 5 more minutes but peps up your circulation so your skin is well-supplied with nutrients. (That’s what blood vessels do, keep your skin cells supplied with nutrition. Your quick rub helps activate them.) Bonus side effect: you’ll feel extra-warm after an oil bath.
Are you keeping
your skin clean?
The first National Woman’s Day was observed on February 28, across the US, in 1909. However, it was only in 1975, in International Women’s Year, that the United Nations began celebrating March 8 as International Women’s Day.Just because it’s winter, doesn’t mean your skin doesn’t need cleansing. Exfoliate regularly! Secret tip: Moisturise your skin richly BEFORE! Use a good quality oil such as an apricot oil or sesame oil on your face before exfoliating, so it won’t dry up your skin. Try use a natural exfoliant such as whole masoor dal atta or chickpea flour mixed with dried and powdered orange peel.
- Feeding your skin starts within. No amount of skin food masks can help if you’re eating wrong. So what should you be eating?
- Make sure you eat fruits such as a banana, an apple, a guava, papaya, each day. A bowlful before breakfast will do your skin wonders.
- Add a dash of raw vegetables to each meal…. try carrots, beetroot and tomatoes chopped fine, with a dash of lemon and salt. Yum! Or even radish grated with a bit of salt, pepper and lemon. Eat a bowlful of kachumber before each meal and you’ll notice the difference.
- Add nuts such as walnuts and almonds — just 4–5 each, soaked in the morning and eaten as an evening snack are great for your skin
- Switch to cooking in cold-pressed oils — mustard, sesame, groundnut — these are great for your skin!
Are you washing
your skin in cold water?
Make sure you always use cold water to wash your face. Hot water is drying for your skin. Cold water not only gets the circulation going, it’s also not drying as hot water is. And after you exfoliate, use really cold water to wash off. Watch the glow come on instantly!
Once you’re all glowing, you need to think about what to wear!
And before you ask, yes, there is an International Men’s Day, on November 19th.Libas.in has some great choices that will make you look good and feel good too. We also have a Purple sale on right now so you can choose from the sale collection as well. Here are some great suggestions from the Libas collection!
Follow us on Instagram @libasindia and stay in touch with all the latest trends in fashion!