SALWAR KAMEEZ: A WINNING COMBINATION
Some fashion staples never go out of style and become wardrobe essentials for decades to come. The humble cotton kurta set is that classic piece that has stood the test of time despite the several iterations over the years.
Salwar suit is a classic that still commands the attention of South-Asians across the world. Effortless and functional, they are a wardrobe must all year round. From a classic palazzo Kurti set to more contemporary designs in trendy cuts, pick the right style based on the event marked on your calendar. Whether it is a casual lunch or your best friend's sangeet party, Libas has got you covered.
THE JOURNEY OF SALWAR SUIT
The Mughals arrived in South Asia in the 13th century, as did the salwar suit set. Preferred by Mughal men and women alike, the popularity of suits sets for women gradually spread, making it a regional style. The introduction of colour motion pictures in India in the nineteen-thirty-seven created a fashion influence unlike ever before. The spectacular costumes became a source of inspiration. From the vibrant silks, kalidar Anarkalis, regal Angrakhas to the refined churidar suits, the fashion in India had taken a turn for the better.
Today you can find a plethora of ethnic wear styles for every occasion. While the traditional styles like a kalidar Anarkali suit or a sharara set remain a favourite, you will find plenty of options if you are looking for something more contemporary and laid back.
WHAT MAKES THE SALWAR SUIT IRRESISTIBLE
The timeless appeal of Indian ethnic wear is undeniable. Once limited to being the conventional garb of people across North India, popular culture has elevated the status of the cotton kurta set to the standard partywear for women across the country.
Depending on the region, the pairing of the cotton kurta with any ethnic bottom wear style goes by different names. In Northern India it is called kurta and pajama or salwar kurta set. Due to its popularity in and outside Punjab, the traditional Patiala suit goes simply by the Punjabi suit set.
We love how versatile the suit set is, you can wear it to work and dress up for dinner. At Libas we create reimagined versions of the classic ensemble in fresh cuts, floral prints, bold shades and updated fabrics that are always in style. Shop new and stylish women's suits online.
HOW TO PICK EFFORTLESS SUIT SETS FOR WOMEN
The lines between work, formal and loungewear are blurring, and that means it’s time to shop for versatile clothes that can be dressed up or down easily. The simple salwar suit is the answer to that. From simple kurti palazzo sets made in breezy cotton, to smart ethnic styles crafted with detail, we have it all. Browse our list of points to remember when shopping online-
- Choose Breezy Silhouettes: You don't have to forsake comfort over style, pick relaxed silhouettes that allow movement. Always go for a comfortable fit, whether it is wide-bottomed palazzo pants or a contemporary dhoti salwar. From classic straight cotton kurtis with pants set to billowing cotton frock style kurta sets, find your comfort silhouette.
- Go for Smart Necklines - A sure-fire way to upgrade your look with simple details is through flattering neckline variations. Introduce new necklines like a detailed European-style collar kurta, or a Mandarin collar kurta or a smocked collar kurta. Find the design that flatters you.
- Opt for Breathable Fabrics: When looking for something comfortable yet stylish to wear daily, a beautiful cotton salwar suit would make for the perfect choice. For busy days, a colourful georgette suit is great, especially when you don't have time to change before dinner parties.
HOW TO EXCEL AT PARTY DRESSING WITH STYLISH SUITS
Designer suit sets and celebrations go hand in hand. They are perfect for making a statement while staying comfortable to enjoy the festivities. Our versatile collection includes everything from minimally embellished daywear to Shaadi-ready heavy styles, the right ethnic wear will help you make the most impact with the slightest effort.
- Embrace Colours: Printed Suits in fun hues are a sure-shot way of adding a burst of colours to your wardrobe. While a bright Bandhani Suit is a festive must-have, if you are looking for something minimalistic, go for solid colours. Style a classic black suit with statement jewellery for the office, or pair a yellow suit set with comfortable juttis for a pooja. Shop our styles in season-suitable colours ranging from soft pastels to refreshing neutrals and festive brights online.
- Choose Embroidered Pieces: With the festive season is around the corner, it's time to update your wardrobe with some embellished styles. How about a classic Chikankari Suit resplendent in white-on-white thread work or a Gota Patti Suit with bright details, which is great for evening festivities? There are plenty of options for you.
- Opt for Heavy-Shine Texture Fabrics: Sumptuous silks are perfect if you are looking for something bold and statement-worthy. You can never go wrong with a Banarasi suit set bedecked in shimmering hues. If you are looking for soothing hues, pair a printed chanderi suit with silver jewellery or go for a plain silk skirt kurti set with velvet juttis.
SUIT STYLES YOU WILL ADORE ONLINE AT LIBAS
Whether it is a cotton kurta set, salwar kurta set or a cotton dress, ethnic wear adds an air of charm to any occasion, whether it is an evening of celebrations, office meetings or lounging at home. Our range of kurtas, sarees, dresses and bottom wear styles are available in an array of adornments, ranging from printed cotton styles to stylish silk suit sets, available in both extra-small and plus-size.
At Libas we launch new collections every month, designed keeping in mind the ruling trends and silhouettes of the season. Our collections include outfits suitable for both casual and occasional wear. These latest styles are made in easy patterns, breezy fabrics, and soothing hues for the ultimate comfort. Log on to our online store to shop striking new ethnic designs and browse a wide collection of affordable styles for all occasions.