Cotton Sarees: The Epitome of Elegance and Class
The tradition of draping cotton sarees can be traced back to the fifth millennium. This distinct drape, originating from the Indian subcontinent, still has the hearts of many modern women. In addition, cotton holds the supreme position over sarees tailored from other materials.
The Indian subcontinent was the first to cultivate and weave cotton—one of the most breathable and lightweight fabrics. Moreover, the fabric’s ability to absorb dyes and retain pigments makes it a prominent choice for women’s drapes and men’s dhotis. So it’s no surprise that after all this time, the fabric is still appreciated for its organic texture and comfortable feel.
Libas brings you an expansive selection of cotton sarees for women, which are the perfect amalgamation of traditional ethnicity and modern design. From bright and bold prints to intricately woven designed sarees, the assortment will leave you spoilt for choice. So revel in the unmatched grace of this stylish dress for women and shop for your favourite printed cotton saree on Libas.
An Eclectic Selection of Intricate Women’s Cotton Saree Designs
Several visual details play into the appeal of cotton sarees for women. However, one of the biggest highlights remains the prints, adding an element of intrigue to the timeless ethnic style. This design detail alone can instantly elevate the overall look of the saree and add joy to your mood. Listed below are the types of prints you can search for when browsing for cotton sarees on Libas.
1. Floral: Florals are an evergreen design element that has been a part of various cultural clothing, including the conventional saree. While many would agree that florals are meant for the Spring season, that’s not completely true. In modern times, florals are treated in a more free-spirited way, allowing you the freedom to experiment with both light and dark colours all year round. Florals also symbolise beauty and freshness, and the floral cotton sarees featured on Libas display different colours and muted hues to match the unique moods of every woman.
2. Geometric: These prints, exuding an unbelievably pleasing aura, are sure to set you apart in the crowd. Geometric patterns are associated with various sentimental and religious beliefs, making them a much desirable design choice in Indian ethnic attire. The designs curated by Libas feature triangles, circles and stars in a variety of vibrant as well as neutral colours.
3. Paisley: You can never go wrong with Paisley prints on a cotton saree. These prints are often associated with royalty and the Victorian Era, dating back to European cultures and representing Celtic art. While the significance of the art form has diminished, several cultural clothing are still adorned with Paisley motifs. The cotton sarees on Libas featuring these opulent prints are both elegant and eye-catching.
A Guide to Styling and Draping the Authentic Cotton Saree
The length of a saree provides ample scope for creativity and experimentation. So, if you’ve ever found yourself struggling to drape a cotton saree, we are here to help. Here is our quick cotton saree draping and style guide to ace your office or party look:
- Just like Chiffon sarees, cotton ones can create a fluffy silhouette and appear overwhelming to form crisp pleats. To reduce the bulkiness, ensure the petticoat fits tightly. You can even consider soaking the saree in water to loosen up the starchy texture.
- We understand how a lot of women have begun to gravitate towards minimalism. However, we recommend that you not hesitate to wear cotton sarees featuring vibrant patterns and colourful prints. As these cotton sarees for daily use are exceptionally lightweight, the designs appear well balanced and simple. You can add fun accessories, like kundan jewellery or peals, to make them look more appealing.
- To help define the waistline better, opt for peplum top blouses when styling a cotton saree. The flared fit brings attention to the empire line—the smallest part of the waist, making you appear taller and slimmer.
- To ensure that the grace of the saree is not overshadowed, it is recommended you go for monochromatic blouses.
- Ensure that the length of the drape fully covers your footwear so that it does not take attention away from the saree.
Shop Cotton Sarees for Women Online
Libas is home to contemporary and traditional ethnic clothing, including sarees, suits, maxi dresses, among others. Each piece holds a deep-rooted cultural as well as functional purpose, making it all the more wearable. The platform also allows you to browse through an assortment of other clothing such as Anarkali suits, ethnic dresses, palazzo pants and much more, all based on your colour and design preferences.
Libas caters to women of all shapes and sizes, so you’d never hear Libas women complain about any of that. Whether you are a double extra-small or wear a 5 XL kurti, we believe beauty comes in all sizes. So get back to your cultural roots by donning beautiful cotton sarees from Libas, which come in a multitude of prints, patterns and hues that will leave you and your spectators speechless.
Embroidered Sarees | Daily Wear Sarees | Party Wear Sarees | Office Wear Sarees | Silk Sarees | Brocade Sarees | Chiffon Sarees | Georgette Sarees | Crepe Sarees | Linen Sarees | Floral Print Sarees | Red Sarees | Green Sarees | White Sarees | Black Sarees | Cotton Kurta Set | Cotton Maxi Dresses | Cotton Midi Dresses | Cotton Palazzo Pants | Women Cotton Pants | Cotton Trousers For Women | Cotton Kurtis | Kurtis for Women | Anarkali Kurtis | Short Kurtis | Kurtas With Jacket | Red Kurti | Bottoms | Suits For Women | Ethnic Dresses | Plus Size Kurtis | Lehenga | Anarkali Dresses | Party Wear Dresses | Black Dresses | Red Dresses | White Dresses | Designer Wedding Lehengas | Salwar Suits | Chikankari Suits | Kurta Set For Women | Palazzo Kurta Set | Shrug Dress | Maxi Dresses For Women | Flared Palazzos | Straight Pants | Sharara Pants | Night Suits For Women | Night Dresses For Women | Loungewear For Women